Top 6 Cloud Computing Career In 2022
In the 21st century when the IT industry is growing exponentially the demands in the cloud computing domain have also taken a rise. According to the statistics available, 90% of the companies globally are using the cloud and the market is all set to cross $350 billion by the end of 2021.
All the major organizations are spending one-third of their budgets on cloud services. The demand would have given you a clear picture of why you should think of a career in the cloud computing domain.
Table of Contents
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing in Lehman is a system of databases and software that are operated in data centres and data warehouses. It makes the tasks of organizations, businessmen and other users easier for accessing information over the internet from any corner of the world instead of storing the data on physical servers and storing them in backyards.
Skills Required For A Cloud Computing Career
Skills are one of the most important equipment which is going to help you in grabbing the numerous opportunities out there. Learning is an art and age is just a number, regardless of the position you are working in, make a habit of learning and upgrading yourself with skills you require to reach a new landmark in your professional career.
- Database Management and programming: To excel in cloud computing, knowledge of database query language and related essential platforms is necessary. Those who are familiar with SQL, MySQL, MongoDB get an edge while recruitment. For a career in AWS cloud computing the LINUX skill is a must.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: AI and ML have gained popularity in recent years. These technologies boost the efficiency of the business by processing and analyzing patterns, creating insights based on the data collected and helping in making the decisions faster
- Cloud Platforms and Cloud Technologies: These skills are crucial for any professional looking forward to establishing a career in cloud computing. Mentioned below are the cloud platforms you should be familiar with :
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- AWS ( Amazon Web Services)
If you manage to learn all four of them then for sure your resume is going to stand out from the crowd.
Topmost Specific Skills For A Successful Career In Cloud Computing
According to the cloud computing experts the topmost skills for an astonishing cloud computing career are:
- Azure Languages are: Microsoft Azure being a cloud platform is witnessing exponential growth in the cloud computing domain.
- Agile: One of the finest project management practices that have taken the lead recently in the industry.
- Ansible: One of the best open-source server environments for cloud-based applications.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS ): One of the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platforms. AWS has the largest market share.
- Java: A programming language that is too friendly in the cloud environment.
- Chef: It helps in bringing the analytics at the enterprise level with its automated tools.
- Puppet: It is often used in the DevOps environment for AWS automation.
Top 6 Cloud Computing Careers
Various job profiles come under the cloud computing domain, the top 6 are mentioned below.
They are the one expert in managing the company’s cloud presence and infrastructure. They develop, update and enforce policies for employees and users accessing the cloud services. They establish security, protocols and policies and make sure the technology is updated as per requirement.
- Education qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, information technology or in the equivalent domain and an experience of three to five years in IT administrations.
- Average salary: The average base pay of a cloud administrator in the USA is $1L per annum and in India is Rs 6 lakhs per annum. ( Source: Glassdoor)
Cloud architecture is the framework defined for the operation of different cloud technologies. The major role and responsibility of a cloud architect is to design and implement the company’s cloud computing strategies. This architect ensures smooth cloud operations and that too in the budget.
- Education Qualification: Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer science, information technology or in the equivalent domain. Candidates with a masters degree or MBA are given higher preference to one having bachelors.
- Average salary: The average base pay of a cloud architect in the USA is $1.5L per annum and in India is Rs 19 lakhs per annum. ( Source: Glassdoor)
Cloud Automation Engineer:
The cloud automation engineer is the one involved in developing and delivering the automation assets to make the process efficient. Their major role is to work closely and effectively with the development team to deliver the automation content and accomplish the requirements of the organization. The automation process helps humans to avoid repetitive tasks.
- Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or in any equivalent domain. Specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Language can give you an upper edge.
- Average salary: The average base pay of a cloud automation engineer in the USA is $90,777 per annum and in India is Rs 6 lakhs per annum. ( Source: Glassdoor)
Cloud Software Engineer:
They work with programmers and the development teams to develop various software that operates in the cloud. Their responsibility is to upgrade, repair and maintain the software developed and the database powered.
- Average salary: The average base pay of a cloud software engineer in the USA is $1L per annum and in India is Rs 7 lakhs per annum. (Source: Glassdoor)
Cloud Security Analyst:
Their role is to ensure the integrity and security of the company’s cloud presence. They look forward to preventing a data breach, securing data and eliminating security gaps if a breach occurs anyhow.
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, computer science, system security, information technology with a specialization in security analysis or any equivalent domain.
- Average salary: The average base pay of a cloud security analyst in the USA is $95,479 per annum and in India is Rs 7 lakhs per annum. ( Source: Glassdoor)
They are the most experienced and knowledgeable people in the industry, their role is to provide knowledge to organizations looking for cloud-based tools. They understand the company’s needs and suggest software and tools that fulfil the technical needs of the company as well as fit in their budget. The consultant also helps companies to customize their cloud presence. Cloud consultant is one of the highest paying job profiles in the cloud computing domain.
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or any equivalent domain and MBA is must as to become consultant one needs managerial skills.
- Average salary: The average base pay of a cloud consultant in the USA is $1L per annum and in India is Rs 10 lakhs per annum. ( Source: Glassdoor)
You might have got an idea of the several exciting career opportunities in the cloud computing domain and what qualifications you must have while looking forward to building your career in the particular subdomain. Once you are industry-ready, build your connections with people already working in the industry. The network can help you to grab a decent opportunity that can help you in building an astonishing career.
All the best!