Knowledge Management, An Essential Strategy To Improve The Competitiveness Of Companies
It is a strategy that considers the importance of knowledge as a key value in the development of the organization, which can be established by deploying various actions.
For example, we connect people around communities of learning and practice or use team experience as a source of knowledge and improvement.
Keys To Promote Collective And Enhance Competitiveness
- Lay the foundations for good collective intelligence from leadership.
These strategies are developed and carried out with greater fluidity in collaborative organizations, in which knowledge is shared transversally, leaving behind the area or department vision. It is important to draw up a coherent roadmap so that members who are not used to this work pattern can get used to it.
- A collaborative environment must be established where everyone can contribute, not just give their opinion, either through the gamification of participation with constant stimuli or through active promotion and recognition. Or other ways that favor informal interaction between people. From different areas or geographical environments.
- Effectively combine human and artificial intelligence.
Implementing artificial intelligence in the day-to-day of the organization must be an elaborate and well-orchestrated process to get as much performance as possible from it. And it cannot be done generically; it must be correctly fitted into the gears according to the needs and expectations of each company or entity.
- It is necessary to involve all the workers so that they adapt and get involved in this change and see that it is necessary for their growth. They will provide intuition, consideration of contexts, the global strategic vision that can determine a good decision. Also, the ability to feel emotions and their consequent social and relational skills is necessary for work teams’ proper functioning.
- Establish reliable technological tools.
Especially in the data environment so that decision-making is the most appropriate. It is necessary to identify a data model that contemplates, among other aspects, what are the indicators to follow, standardizing nomenclature and a universal language in the organization, limiting the sources of obtaining information, etc. But, above all, determine its purpose, which must be at the user’s service. In other words, they know what they want the data for and what is the most appropriate technology related solution to analyze and manage it.
- Stimulate individual and collective learning.
From the company, it is positive to encourage workers to take self-responsibility for their knowledge. Not only to optimally approach the daily tasks of your position but also to look towards the future and towards your professional progress. We must always try to do it from a positive message to create unnecessary alarms and define a specific learning model in which group learning options also fit.
- Always include the content of global interest for the organization, such as imparting the lessons learned from mistakes committed so that they do not happen again or look towards new areas of improvement.
- Learn from other experiences.
A proven formula for capturing external knowledge is found in trend radars, thematic observatories, and debate forums or co-creation activities that allow access to relevant information and good practices, which do not have to be exclusive of organizations of the same sector or related.
- Looking at business models different from ours increases the probability of discovering new approaches that can be adapted to the organization and that will differentiate itself from the competition. It is also interesting to consider formalizing and developing knowledge alliances, either with partners or creating new relationships of interest with startups . or academic institutions.
Implementing this learning model is proposed in the new EFQM 2020 Model, promoted in Spain by the Excellence in Management Club, which has officially entered into force on January 1. It is an effective tool to face the change and transformation necessary for the survival of any organization in the present and the future.