How To Fix “You Don’t Have Permission To open The app error on Mac Big Sur?
Hi, I’m getting this error pop-up stating that I don’t have permission to open the app when I try to open Adobe Zii. It’s a problem I’m having with Mac OS Big Sur 11.1. I don’t have idea what happened because I haven’t changed anything and I’m using an admin user. Help!
“You do not have permission to open the app” error display on macOS devices very commonly, based on online reports from users facing this issue. Multiple applications trigger the problem, so the particular program you’re trying to open isn’t the one causing the error. However, app corruption, compatibility issues, and update needs can be triggers.
Various forums have been flooded with complaints about this issue, so the communities are looking for a solution which is not that easy, unfortunately. The problem is possibly related to a particular version of the operating system, but the problem occurs on machines with multiple versions of Big Sur. The problem should be resolved with the latest update, according to reports from Apple.
This means that updating your system and getting the latest one can possibly fix “You do not have permission to open the application” error on Mac Big Sur. It is also common for other Big Sur errors to be caused by the updates themselves. We have already discussed them about Handoff not working , camera not working , Mac crashing , and other issues.
Sometimes the problem is caused by a particular program, but this is not common, and the solutions may be related to particular drivers, corrupted files, or computer errors. System optimization and security programs like Reimage can help you fix some issues related to malware, and even corrupted, affected or damaged system files as well as different data.
This may be the fastest way to fix “You do not have permission to open the application” error on Mac Big Sur without making any serious changes to your computer. However, we also have other options for this problem that you should follow if the quick update and corruption check did not help you.
Update The Operating System To It’s Latest Version
- Click on System Preferences in the dock
- When the settings appear, choose System Updates.
- The window should trigger the latest version check automatically.
- If updates are available, install them.
- If you choose to keep your operating system up to date, you can get notifications about update suggestions. You need to enable the update to install when they are available and your system runs smoothly.
Try A Temporary Solution
Apple should provide a better solution for this problem. Here is the temporary solution.
- Close any program.
- Select Go at the top.
- Click on Go to Finder from the menu in Finder
- Type /Library/Image Capture/Devices and then press Enter.
- Then double click on the application mentioned in the error message.
- Close the window and open the app.
- Repeat these steps for the apps that trigger the error.
Try To Fix The Problem With Terminal Commands
- Open Terminal from the dock or applications.
- Type the following commands:
- sudo chmod -R 755 /path/to/app
- sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /path/to/app
- $ chmod 777 nameoftheapp.app
- Open Terminal.
- Run the command: sudo spctl –master-disable
Check Sharing permissions
- Go to System Preferences .
- Tap Share.
- Select File Sharing .
- Then expand Shared Folders.
- Select User and choose Everyone – Change from Read Only to Read & Write .
Fix Your Errors Automatically
pcseguro.es team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions to remove their errors. If you don’t want to mess with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All suggested products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
Prevent Websites, ISPs And Other Parties From Tracking You
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISPs and the government from spying on you , you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, preventing trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. More importantly, you will put an end to the illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Recover Your Lost Files Quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while you’re using your computer: it could be because of a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD), or random Windows updates that might restart your computer when you’re away for a few minutes. As a result, your school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To recover your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.